Is Your Online Reputation Management Flat?

I do reputation management for a living. 


This is my full time job and I no longer do SEO…well other than for myself and a small select group of clients.  I do this 7 days a week 15 hours a day, so I deserve a little break.  And there is this SEO competition that just staring me in the face.


There are a lot of reasons not to compete in this competition.


For example:


Who knows if it’s legit?


We’ve got no sponsors or for that matter no way to talk to the people who are putting on this competition. The task should be impossible.


To take a brand new domain name and rank it for an extremely competitive keyword in 45 days.


It’s not possible and the people putting on the competition know it. Links don’t pass the full link juice for months.


So this means;



  1. You need more links then the competition.

  2. You need better quality links then the competition.

  3. Those links have to appear natural.

  4. You have to make the anchor text appear natural.


Now…because the anchor text has to appear natural you have to use some anchor text like “click here”.


Of course none of that can start happening until after the site is finished, optimized and set up with unique content.


I’ll get into all this a little more later but has you can tell there are a lot of reasons not to enter this competition.


So why am I entering?


What if I am wrong?


What if there is a small bit of space where just the right website, with just the right amount of link diversity, with just the right amount of social signals and link juice can squeeze in?


It’s not about the competition. It’s not about who wins and winning doesn’t mean I am any better than the next guy or gal but what if someone does everything exactly like I would and they win?


Can I live with knowing I could have won and didn’t even try?



Is Your Online Reputation Management Flat?

Popular Posts